Sunday 31 March 2019

Blank Surname in Passport issue for UK Visa

I applied for UK Visa and I had a surname related problem. In my passport, my surname is empty. My hosting institution (Cambridge Univ) says, surname is very important in UK and it has to be specified on the documents. So I contacted UK Visas and Immigration office and raised the question then they suggested me to use the given name in both the places, i.e., for given name and surname name. For example:
In passport my given name is 'Vinod Kumar' and surname is empty so they suggest to use given name as 'Vinod Kumar' and surname as 'Vinod Kumar'.
Please note that all these inquiry services are paid and I have to pay around Rs. 500 to get the answer to my question so I thought of sharing this with you to save your time and money. And yes, this worked as my visa application was successful.

Other helpful and related blogs:
How to get transcript from Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for UK NARIC
How to prove English Language Efficiency for UK Visa?
How to track your visa application to UK

Dedicated to my gurus....

No comments:

Post a Comment