Sunday 31 March 2019

How to get transcript from Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for UK NARIC

I applied to UK and for that I had to prove my English language efficiency. Due to lack of time, I could not take IELTS exam so I thought of going with plan B, i.e., to get UK NARIC statement for my English language efficiency. Follow the steps to get it for you:

1. Apply for transcript in HPU and it needs following things from you-
a. Photocopy of degree
b. Photocopy of detailed mark sheet
c. Name and address of the organisation where you want to send transcript.
e. Pay fee of Rs. 5000.
2. You will get it on the same day or the next day.

There was a lot of confusion for applying to UK NARIC to me because in order to apply for UK NARIC statement, I needed three things degree, transcript and English language as medium of instruction certificate from the University and the confusions were:
a. First as per the definition of transcript, given on NARIC, it is something like detailed marks-sheet which contains the details of all subjects you have studied from first semester to last, and HPU, by default, provides students detailed mark sheet with all the required information.
b. In India, I believe, transcript is treated as a confidential document which verifies the degree details and contain one line related to medium of instruction. So it should be given on some institution's name and generally posted by the university directly to that institution (or given in sealed envelope). But in my case, I was suppose to upload it to NARIC website so I was in doubt whether this would be accepted or not.
c. HPU doesn't provide separate English language certificate as I required and as shown on the demos of application on the NARIC website.
So keeping in view to all these things, I was in doubt to get the NARIC statement. Because HPU's transcript served as English language as medium of instruction certificate. But all these things worked and I was able to get the UK NARIC statement for English Language Efficiency and Comparability statement for my HPU degree.

Since I faced a lot of confusion in this process so I am sharing with a hope that it will help you.

Thanks
Vinod

Other helpful and related blogs:
Blank Surname in Passport issue for UK Visa
How to prove English Language Efficiency for UK Visa?
How to track your visa application to UK

Dedicated to my parents...

5 comments:

  1. do person need to present in person?or do anyone else on behalf of the person can collect it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in my case, my friend applied, collected and sent to me (just as soft copy).

      Delete
  2. Hi
    Do they charge 5000 for people living abroad or for those in India as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I apologise for late response as somehow I missed this comment. Secondly, 5000 Rs fee is when applying from India and you are supposed to collect it there. I am not sure if you could apply from abroad and there should be extra fee if you want university to send transcript directly to abroad.

      Delete
  3. Hi Vinod,

    Trust you are doing good. I need transcripts for B.Sc. and MBA from HPU. So they'll charge 5000 each and 10000 in total?
    Since I am also based out of UK, will be post to a UK address?



    ReplyDelete